Social medicine and organization of health care
Analysis of Monitoring Drugs Side Effect in Mykolaiv Region during 2017Ogloblina M. V. 1,2, Mikhailova T. M. 2, Chernenko O. I. 3
- 1 - State Enterprise State Expert Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine
- 10, Smolenskaya St., Kyiv 02000, Ukraine
- 2 - Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University
- 10, 68 Desantnykiv St., Mikolayiv 54003, Ukraine
- 3 - Regional health department
- 18, Spasskaya St., Mykolaiv 54000, Ukraine
The safety of pharmacotherapy as an important component of prevention and correction of drugs side effects is one of the crucial tasks of modern medicine and pharmacy.
Today, the doctors use a lot of drugs that can successfully treat the most known diseases. In this case, the important problem of any ongoing pharmacotherapy is the choice of not only the most effective, but also the safest drug. This question is especially acute in relation to groups of drugs that are more often and widely used in clinical practice and everyday life.
The purpose of the study was the research, analysis and generalization of information about drugs side effects on the basis of monitoring in Mykolaiv and the region in 2017.
Material and methods. We analyzed the information on cases of side effects of drugs of various pharmacological groups in the form 137/r of medical statistical reporting of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine from doctors of the medical-preventive establishments of Mykolaiv and the region in 2017.
Results and discussion. The analysis of the monitoring of drugs side effects and adverse effect after immunization in the region showed that in the period from January to December 2017 there were 811 cases of side effects registered in the medical-preventive establishments.
The vast majority of complications registered in the region were the predicted reactions to orally administered drugs for the digestive tract disorders (27%), the skin and its derivatives (19%), musculoskeletal system (10%), complications from the central nervous system (6.8%). At the same time anti-TB drugs (36.6%), antibiotics (26.5%), antiviral drugs (7.3%) are the most potentially dangerous in terms of various types of side effects and complications of pharmacotherapy. However, the frequency of side effects occurrence has a clear direct correlation, which is primarily due to the unevenness of the reports submitted by the medical-preventive establishments.
We found out that side effects were manifested predominantly in adult patients of both sexes aged 31-45 (33.6%) and had predominantly delayed onset (from 30 days to 1 year).
Drugs-"leaders" in terms of the side effects emergence are pyrazinamide (14.2%), levofloxacin (9.2%) and etionamide (7.9%).
Conclusions. The analysis results emphasize the urgency of the problem of complications in pharmacotherapy, which requires a more reasonable and well-balanced choice of the drug taking into account all the safety criteria for its usage.
Keywords: side effects, drug safety, drugs
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 338K
- Viktorov OP, Matvyeyeva OV, Voytenko AG, Logvina IO, Ponyatovska NP, Yaychenya VP. Kontrol za bezpekoyu likarskykh zasobiv: 10 rokiv farmakonaglyadu Ukrayiny [digital resource]. 2007. Available from: https://rpht.com.ua/ua-issue-article-16 [Ukrainian]
- Prykhodmo O. Ob’yektyvno pro farmakonaglyad v Ukrayini [digital resource]. 2014. Available from: https://www.apteka.ua/article/314135 [Ukrainian]
- Oliynyk OE, Yevtushenko OM. Analiz system monitoryngu pobichnykh reaktsiy v riznykh krayinakh svitu. Materialy III Mizhnarodnoyi nauk-prakt Internet-konferentsiyi «Menedzhment ta marketyng u skladi suchasnoyi ekonomiky, nauky, osvity, praktyky», 2015 berezen, 26-27: 124. [Ukrainian]
- Ovretvayt Dzh, Klyatsynga T. Rukovodsvo po razrabotke strategiy bezopasnosti s pozitsii system zdravookhraneniya. Evropeyskoe regyonalnoe byuro VOZ. Vsemyrnaya organyzatsyya zdravookhranenyya; 2008. 86 p. [Russian]
- Datsko AY, Datsko OI. Teoretyko-metodologichni zasady formuvannya farmatsevtychnoyi bezpeky Ukrayiny [digital resource]. 2014. Available from: http://socpharm.nuph.edu.ua/files/2014/03/Дацко-А.Й.-Дацко-О.І.pdf [Ukrainian]
- Bilay IM, Krasko MP, Demchenko VO, Ostapenko AO. Klinichni aspekty kontrolyu pobichnykh efektiv likarskykh zasobiv. Zhurnal naukovyy oglyad. 2016. [digital resource]. Available from: http://oaji.net/articles/2016/797-1482941124.pdf [Ukrainian]
- Matveeva EV. Farmakonaglyad v Ukrayini: pobichni reaktsiyi likarskykh zasobiv [digital resource]. 2015. Available from: http://fp.com.ua/articles/farmakonaglyad-v-ukrayini-pobichni-reaktsiyi-likarskih-zasobiv/ [Ukrainian]
- Drogovoz SM, Matveeva EV, Lukyyanchuk YuO, Rakeev PV. Faktory, sposobstvuyushchye pobochnym effektam off label preparatov. Farmakologiya ta likarska toksykologiya. 2018; 2(58): 92-6. [Russian]
- Cherenko SO, Lyepshyna SM, Matvyeyeva OV, Yaychenya VP, Logvyna IO. Pobichni reaktsiyi protytuberkuloznykh preparativ pry otsintsi likuvannya tuberkulozu. Novyny medytsyny ta farmatsiyi. 2014; 13-14: 16-21. [Ukrainian]
- Nakaz Ministerstva okhorony zdorov’ya Ukrayiny № 898 vid 26.12.2006r. 898 (u redaktsiyi nakazu MOZ Ukrayiny vid 26 veresnya 2016 roku № 996) «Pro zatverdzhennya Poryadku zdiysnennya farmakonaglyadu» [digital resource]. 2017. Available from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0073-07 [Ukrainian]