Social medicine and organization of health care
Diseases of Students from the View Point of Family DoctorLytvyn O. I. 1, Adamovych I. V. 1, Nikolenko Е. Ya. 1, Bakumenko M. G. 2
- 1 - V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- 4, Svobody Sq., Kharkiv 61022, Ukraine
- 2 - City Student Hospital
- 8/10, Darwin St., Kievsky district, Kharkiv 61002, Ukraine
The publication outlines the problem of preserving the health of the younger generation of Ukraine due to that fact that the health of the young population is the highest value of the social and socio-economic development of each country. The article addresses the issue of susceptibility of the student population to diseases that are among the ten leading causes of death of the population according to WHO reports.
Material and methods. The publication analyzes the current state of health of the students. It also analyzes the incidence and prevalence of the diseases that are prognostically unfavorable among students studying at universities of Kharkiv using the data of Kharkiv City Student Hospital for 2016-2017, according to the indicators recommended by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine for health statistics. The analysis of the incidence and prevalence of the diseases among the population of the country per 100 thousand people in 2016-17 and the average number of deaths per 100 thousand people in Ukraine in 2016-17 were conducted.
Results and discussion. We conducted a comparative analysis of the incidence rate of the diseases causing the greatest number of deaths in the world according to WHO data in students studying in Kharkiv universities for 2016-2017 with similar incidence rates in Ukraine on the whole during the same reporting period, as well as with indicators of seeking medical help during physical education at the Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University.
Conclusions. The obtained results showed that the majority of population as well as students had the diseases of the circulatory system which remain the greatest threat to life. When planning preventive studies, students are recommended to focus on the diagnosis of these diseases and carry out their prophylaxis using the latest world-wide techniques. The features inherent in the student cohort of the population are identified, appropriate preventive measures are proposed.
The article outlines the problem of preserving the health of the younger generation of Ukraine, analyzes the current state of health of students, and gives recommendations on the prevention of the most dangerous diseases in terms of mortality among young students.
Keywords: students incidence rate, circulatory system diseases, neoplasms, traumas, poisoning
Full text: PDF (Ukr) 187K
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Zaklady okhorony zdorovia ta zakhvoriuvanist naselennia Ukrainy u 2016 rotsi. Statystychnyi biulleten [State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Healthcare facilities and the incidence of the Ukrainian population in 2016. The statistical bulletin] [digital resource]. Kyiv, 2017. Available from: https://ukrstat.org/uk/druk/publicat/Arhiv_u/15/Arch_zozd_bl.htm [Ukrainian]
- European Health Information Gateway. Health for All explorer [digital resource]. Available from: https://gateway.euro.who.int/en/hfa-explorer/
- Andriuchenko T, Vakulenko O, Volkov V, Dziuba N, Koliada V, Komarova N, I. Piesha, et al. Formuvannia zdorovoho sposobu zhyttia. Navchalno-metodychni rekomendatsii [Formation of a healthy lifestyle. Educational and methodical recommendations]. Kyiv; 2018. 100 p. [Ukrainian]
- The top 10 causes of death. World Health Organization. Fact sheets, 2018 [digital resource]. Available from: http://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death.
- Balamutova NM. Monitorynh stanu zdorovia studentiv kharkivskykh vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv [Monitoring of the health of students of Kharkiv higher educational institutions]. Slobozhan nauk-sport Visn. 2013; 1; 56-9. [Ukrainian]
- Matchyn HA. Zabolevaemost studentov kak pokazatel ykh zdorovia [Incidence rate of the students as an indicator of their health]. Nauka vchera, sehodnia, zavtra. 2013; 6; 89–95. [Russian]
- Khrystovaia TE. Sovremennoe sostoianye zdorovia studentov i puty ego sovershenstvovanyia [Modern state of health of the students and ways of its improving]. Slobozhan nauk-sport Visn. 2013; 1; 74-8. [Russian]
- Bekas O, Brychko M. Analiz struktury khronichnykh zakhvoriuvan studentiv pedahohichnoho universytetu [Analysis of the structure of chronic diseases among students of pedagogical university]. Aktualni problemy fizychnoho vykhovannia ta metodyky sportyvnoho trenuvannia. 2017; 1: 10-7. [Ukrainian]
- Ministerstvo okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy. DU «Ukrainskyi instytut stratehichnykh doslidzhen MOZ Ukrainy». Shchorichna dopovid pro stan zdorovia naselennia, sanitarno-epidemiolohichnu sytuatsiiu ta rezultaty diialnosti systemy okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy [Ministry of Health of Ukraine. GI «Ukrainian Institute for Strategic Studies of Ukraine» Annual report on the state of public health, the sanitary-epidemiological situation and the results of the health care system of Ukraine] [digital resource]. 2016. Available from: http://www.uiph.kiev.ua/dawnload/Vidavnictvo/Shchorichna%20dopovid/Щорічна%20доповідь.2017.pdf [Ukrainian]
- Statystychnyi zbirnyk. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [Statistical compilation. State Statistics Service of Ukraine] [digital resource]. 2018. Available from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/06/zb_zoz_17.pdf [Ukrainian]
- Poshyrenist khvorob ta zakhvoriuvanist naselennia starshykh vikovykh hrupp 1, za klasamy khvorob u 2017 rotsi (systema Ministerstva okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy). DZ «Tsentr medychnoi statystyky MOZ Ukrainy» [Prevalence of illnesses and morbidity of the population of the senior age groups 1, by classes of diseases in 2017 (system of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine). State Insitution "Center of medical statistics of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine"] [digital resource]. Available from: https://phc.org.ua/pages/diseases/tuberculosis/surveillance/statistical-information [Ukrainian]